PFMC Meetings March 3-10, give public input
ZOOM Meeting for NCGASA Members:
march 5 @7pm
If you would like to learn more about how the Salmon Seasons are set by fishery managers, visit the NCGASA Facebook page and click on EVENTS for a link to our ZOOM Meeting on Sunday, March 5 at 7pm, click HERE.
PFMC meetings: Review of ocean salmon fisheries in seattle from march 3-10
- PFMC Supplemental Report, click to download full PDF file from Scott Rumsey of NOAA
A snippet from the Supplemental Report:
- The Salmon Technical Team (STT) prepares annual posteason reviews of ocean salmon fisheries off the coasts of Washington, Oregon, and California to assess Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) salmon fishery management and stock status. This annual document is referred to as “The Salmon Review” or SAFE document. The salmon review includes information on regulations, catch and effort estimates, spawning escapement, and economics. Click here to see the Table of Contents.
PFMC Preseason reports
- The Salmon Technical Team (STT) prepares these reports prior to the beginning of the ocean salmon season to guide the Council’s selection of annual fishery management measures. The reports provide estimates of stock abundance and analyze the impacts of the Council’s proposed and adopted management recommendations.
- Download the Meeting Notice and Agenda, click here.
- E-portal for public comment to add to the meetings, click here.
- For briefing book, click here.
- Salmon Management Docs & Models, click here.
- Salmon Rebuilding Plans, click here.
- Historical Data, click here.
- Access salmon SAFE and management documents, click here.
- Find PFMC on Facebook, click here.
If you would like to send in your comments to the PFMC, see below.
Photo downloaded from PFMC Website: Chinook salmon spawning. Photo: Randy Bjorklund/Shutterstock.com